What are Mass Payouts?
Mass Payout is a method of paying up to 10,000 recipients simultaneously. Since mass payouts are submitted online, they are processed instantly which helps organizations to save time, money and resources.
How does it work?
The principle of Mass Payout is based on the use of the API:
- First, the company sends a request for a balance to check if funds are available.
- Next, you need to get the network commission coefficient. This value is required to create a request for Mass Payout.
- Next, the company sends a request to Calypso Payout API to conduct a Mass Payout.
- Next, Calypso handles a request.
- Next, Calypso verifies if there are enough funds on the balance.
- Next, the funds are sent to the recipients.
The Calypso Payout API is great for merchants needing to automate sending payments in real time. The company provides the ability to simultaneously make up to 10,000 payments.
Mass payouts are perfect for sending salaries to subordinates, payouts to partners or e-commerce marketplaces.
How to implement this via API?
Below is an example of creating Mass Payout from the client’s site or application.
Names of requests on the scheme indicate certain payment API methods.
Mass payout statuses
|CREATION_IN_PROGRESS||Payout started creation|
|PENDING_CONFIRMATION||A payout is created via UI and is awaiting confirmation from other process participants.|
|CONFIRMED||• A payout is created via UI and confirmed by other process participants.|
• A payout created via API is automatically created with this status.
|IN_PROGRESS||• Transaction for a payout is created and is awaiting to be sent to the network.|
•Transaction for a payout is sent to the network to be sent to a block and is awaiting confirmation from nodes.
|COMPLETED||Funds are successfully credited to destination wallet.|
|FAILED||An error occurred when sending funds. There can be many reasons of the error. You may follow these remediation steps:|
1. Wait a while and create a new similar payout.
2. Contact our technical support.
|CANCELED||A payout has been canceled by merchant.|
Currently, there is a limit for quantity of transactions in one mass payout:
- 1000 transactions for ETH and tokens ERC-20;
- 100 transactions for other currencies.